CogSci Apps Corp. is a Canadian “startup” pioneering cognitive productivity and mental health software. We invented Hook and mySleepButton®. Our co-founder, Luc P. Beaudoin, author of Cognitive Productivity books, was an at-founding employee of two of Canada’s most successful tech startups (by exit valuation.) Join us in completing this trifecta!
We seek a Growth Manager for the digital marketing of Hook productivity software. This is an opportunity to realize your potential as you help our company and customers realize theirs. You will have the freedom to design and try out strategies, supported by the founding team. You’ll be able to provide input to all aspects of the business related to growth. Speaking of growth, there is the possibility of promotion to the director and executive levels.
- Develop and fine tune overall growth strategy.
- Explore, discover and execute the best vehicles for growth, be that in marketing, sales, partnerships, and/or product adjustments.
- Set up site and traffic analytics.
- Systematically select marketing channels. Formulate, document and share specific quantitative growth hypotheses; test hypotheses; measure; analyze; document your results & analyses; learn; then tweak, pivot or persevere.
- Provide growth input towards ensuring our websites, forum, social media, product, and services optimally attract, convert, engage, satisfy and retain customers.
- Participate in product road mapping.
- You fit Steve Jobs Secrets to Successful Team Leadership.
- You are a contribution-oriented person whose values align with ours.
- You are a high-energy, capable person who is hugely driven to be a key marketing player in this Canadian success story which is significantly improving how researchers, professors, lawyers and other knowledge workers interact with information on their computers and mobile devices.
- You understand our mission. You are passionate about making a difference in professionals’ productivity.
- You have startup mentality and DNA, including a very flexible mindset.
- You are conscientious, trustworthy, loyal, and affable with excellent interpersonal skills. You are an excellent synergy-oriented team player.
- What you lack in experience you make up for in potential and drive.
- You preferably have 3 or more years in a growth-oriented digital marketing communications position (digital advertising and social media), or you have the potential to rapidly exceed comparable competence and level of responsibility.
- Preferably have previously been in charge of growth, including target setting, analysis, and forecasting, or at least contributed to it in those respects.
- Passion for data-driven marketing, frequently creating quantitative sales forecasts, adjusting them and learning from results.
- Capable of managing a marketing budget.
- Willing to learn from our key marketing resources (books, articles, podcasts), discuss them and to recommend your own. (We are a knowledge-driven company who create information processing tools.)
- Preferably have experience marketing products to researchers, professors, lawyers, writers, and/or software developers.
- Preferably have web writing experience and can contribute or source content.
- Avid Mac and iPhone user, preferably who is already familiar with Mac productivity software such as OmniFocus, Things, ToDoist, DEVONthink, Notion, Roam Research, Obsidian, Sublime, BBEdit, Evernote, or related Mac software .
- Willing and able to become familiar with and interested in automation (such as Apple Shortcuts, AppleScript, CLI and Python)
- Interested in information-organization, information-retrieval, hypertext and deep work.
- Very competent with business software and marketing analytic tools (such as Matemo)
- Passionate about software-enabled cognitive productivity.
- Excellent English written communication.
You value objective knowledge. You’re eager to help knowledge workers do great work by increasing adoption of our cognitive productivity tools.
This is a remote work employment opportunity for persons eligible to work in Canada and who live in a Canadian province or territory between Eastern and Pacific time zones inclusively. CogSci Apps Corp. is based in BC with presence in Ontario as well.
Our commitment to effectiveness, trust and humanist values
Our goal is to help our customers, and team, become more effective people through information and technology.
We are committed to equality of opportunity: we hire the most promising candidates who share our vision and values, and who have complementary capabilities. We help each other grow professionally and personally. We seek win-win and synergy. We believe in people. We value virtuous cycles of mutual benefit. Please read more about our values.
How to apply
Preferably apply on LinkedIn or email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume with a cover letter in the body of your email and a single PDF enclosure (not Microsoft Word) containing your resume. Subject: “Growth Manager”.
Your cover letter should :
- reflect that you have read the above and specifically how you are a great fit for the position
- include your LinkedIn URL
- include your Twitter handle (if you have one)
Thank you very much for considering CogSci Apps Corp.